Registration Close Date
Registration will close when our cumulative limit is reached. See Rider Limits below.
- SAG support from experienced cyclists assisted by the Marin Amateur Radio Club
- CHP-patroled course and assisted lane closures for rider safety
- Wide array of rest stop food options
- Storied post-ride expo and feast (BBQ chicken, pizza, burritos, salads, fruit, and other locally produced goodies as well as vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free options)
- Water bottle
- Water-resistant color map
- Concierge shipping service (if you register before June 10)
The Marin Century offers NO REFUNDS for membership/ride registrations. Like most athletic events, ours has a no-refund policy.
Your membership/registration fee covers our cost of food, energy drinks, water, route map, support, SAG and SAG supplies, water bottles, patch kits, Red Cross, permits, rest stop equipment, and insurance. The ride goes on rain or shine.
If you do not show up for the ride, take comfort in knowing that your funds are going to a good cause.
Ride registration is transferable. Click here for more information about transfers.
The Marin Century is an all-volunteer effort. No one gets paid. We keep enough money in the bank to dig out if we lose some money on a ride, but the rest is given away to select local groups.
Routes: There are six ride options--all with hills. All routes start and finish at the Marin County Fairgrounds in San Rafael, California. Complete route descriptions and maps are available on this site.
- Double Century riders must start by 5:00 AM
- Double Metric and 100Tam riders must start by 6:00 AM
- All other riders must be on the course by 8:00 AM
Safety: The California Highway Patrol (CHP) will manage traffic at major intersections. SAG vehicles assist riders with mechanicals. It is, however, the responsibility of the rider to have a well-maintained bicycle and all necessary repair equipment, including a pump and extra tubes as well as enough power gel and water to make it between aid stations. Riding in a group is suggested, and helmets are mandatory.
Riders are required to obey all traffic laws. That means STOPPING at all stop signs and riding single file. CHP will ticket violators. Riders also need to watch speed limits. CHP officers will ticket riders for speeding. They may also ticket riders who use headphones while cycling.
Post-ride feast and expo: We offer riders a fantastic lunch for which the Marin Century is well known. Friends and family can purchase a meal ticket at the event. The festive Marin Century Bike Expo showcases cycling-related products and services, both local and national.
Group and Team Discounts
A group discount may be available for large groups of riders from a company, cycling team, or other organization. Contact CenturyRegistration@MarinCyclists.com for information.
Ride Number Limits
The cumulative registration limit for the 50K, 100K, 200K, and 100-mile routes is 3,100 riders. For the Mt. Tam Double Century, the limit is 300 riders.
After registering for the Marin Century, riders will have the option to print out their registration confirmation. Please print this confirmation and bring it with you on event day if you are picking up you packet. We highly recommend using our concierge mailing service.
Concierge Mailing Service
If you selected concierge service, you will be mailed your rider bib number and route map two weeks before the event. Concierge service allows you to avoid the check-in area and instead head straight to the starting line. Concierge service can be added before July 12 if you did not order it when registering.
To Add Concierge to your existing registration follow these steps:
- Go to the Marin Century Registration page: https://marincentury.webconnex.com/2017
- Under Registration Information,
- Select Myself or Someone Else as appropriate (note the wavier comments if selecting "Someone Else")
- select, "Clothing ONLY / Upgrade EXISTING registration" - the last option.
- Add Concierge Service - it's directly below Registration Information.
- Now, scroll half way down to "Other Items" section and at the bottom of this section, select "Added Concierge"
- Complete the registration and submit payment.
Double Century riders: Concierge service is included in your entry fee. Enter before July 12 to take advantage of this service.
Riders who do not receive their packet by August 2 should email us at CenturyRegistration@MarinCyclists.com.
Course food and the post-ride lunch are included in the registration price. Friends and family of riders must purchase meal tickets.
As an all-volunteer operation, the Marin Century simply cannot handle mail-in registrations. Please register online.
Post-Registration Route Change Requests
To change the route for which you registered, do the following:
Go to the Marin Century Registration page.
- Look for Registration Information and then Ride Options, select the last option Clothing ONLY / Upgrade EXISTING Registration.
- Scroll down to the Other Items section and under Upgrade EXISTING Registration, select the appropriate route change.
- Complete the registration and submit payment if required.
Once registration for the Marin Century has closed, you can change your route only by going to check in on Saturday morning (August 5) and asking to change your route.
The original registrant and the new rider must work out the transaction between themselves (some connect via Craigslist). The new rider then simply completes the forms below prior to checking in on August 5.
New Rider: Please fill in all forms before checking in at the Transfer Table (not the tables with courses and alpha characters).
Registration check-in times are detailed in the Ride info section available from the drop down menu above.. Look under "Check in & Time Limits." If the original registrant elected the concierge mailing option, the new rider must exchange the original rider number and wrist band for a new number and band. For safety reasons, new riders will be issued new numbers. DO NOT ride with a number issued to someone else.
We kindly ask sellers to forward the Pre-Ride Email to the transferee.
New riders must complete and sign both forms (waiver in two places):
1. Transfer Form
2. Rider Waiver & Photo Release: AdultChild
How much does the transfer cost?
What if the buyer wants to ride a longer route?
There may be modest fees ($5-$25) to upgrade to longer routes (cash or credit card only). This fee is to be paid at the Information desk prior to checking in at the Transfer Table.
If the Mt Tam Double Century is sold out, the buyer may not upgrade to that ride.
However, we will make a stand-by list available.
The Marin Cyclists Club and the Marin Century ride director reserve the right to refuse entry, disqualify, or remove from the course anyone whose safety is endangered or who endangers the safety of others or who violates ride rules or the California vehicle code. The ride director's decision is final!